What is it like to work at O+A?
Each day gets designed from scratch. Someone always comes in early, someone always leaves late. New work environments for some of the world’s best-known companies are blossoming on the computer monitors. Carpet and tile samples are piling up where they ought not to be. Also little blocks of beautiful wood. Almost everyone is going into a meeting, leaving a meeting, late for a meeting. Dogs may be present. There is music. There is food. Rather frequently there is champagne. From the newest recruit to the oldest veteran a feeling is afoot that they have lucked into the best job they ever had.
Senior Project Manager (San Francisco)
- This is a senior position, requiring at least 8+ years of experience working at an interior design, architecture or related design firm. Senior Project Managers manage large scale accounts and are responsible for the execution of project design solutions under the direction of the Principals; they must have the ability to lead project design teams and delegate work in a timely and constructive manner.Senior Project Managers have a thorough understanding of the contract requirements and project scope as well as the firm at large; they are responsible for project schedules and budgets and can effectively convey this to both assigned team members and clients. Senior Project Managers must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.Interested? Email email@example.com
- • Manage timely delivery of complex and large-scale projects, including multi-project global accounts
• Responsible for overseeing work required in executed contracts
• Lead project design teams and ensures proper management flow for all phases of active projects, including management of budget and schedules
• Manage and track the financial performance of projects, including preparing project proposals, negotiating contracts, fees and additional services
• Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
• Works with project architect and project team to ensure design intent is accurately interpreted in documents; responsible for quality control of all project construction documents
• Oversee project close-out efforts
• Establishes, maintains, and documents regular project related meetings, including client, internal team and consultant meetings
• Collaboration with building and permitting officials during permitting and construction phases of project, submits for permit as appropriate
• Oversee construction administration, including the processing of submittals/substitution requests during construction
• Knowledge of building codes, standards and the ability to resolve complex technical and design issues
• Creates or implements project systems and an environment conducive to high-quality design and professionals
• Ability to communicate deliverables articulately and concisely to both the project team and the client
- • Negotiates project scope and fees, coordinate bidding process as appropriate
- • Ensures projects conform to contract and design specifications
- • Manages project scheduling, budgets and set-up with contractors, vendors and consultants
- • Mentors and guides skill development of intermediate and junior staff
- • Pro-actively keeps Principals and Studio Managers informed of work status and seeks clarification where appropriate
- • Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and/or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required
Graphic Designer (San Francisco)
This position fills a broad range of fields within the firm; Graphic Designers develop and drive the environmental graphics program from planning/positioning phases through technical production under the design direction of the Brand Studio Manager. This position also works with the Principals and Brand Studio Manager to create marketing material and general office graphics standards that reflect the Studio O+A brand. They have the ability to work independently as well the ability to work well in a team environment; Graphic Designers must also communicate and comprehend design direction quickly and efficiently and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Integrates the environmental graphics program with the project design intent with the assistance of the project team.
- • Presents concepts and rational to the Principals and directors as well as clients.
- • Strong sense of typography, composition and conceptual thinking.
- • Creates wayfinding and signage programs for project design teams.
- • Strong organizational, collaboration, communications and presentation skills.
- • Works closely with design team to develop a project’s graphics program, works closely with project managers to ensure production and installation of graphics program.
- • Performs field verifications and assist with site inspections for verification of design intent.
- • Ability to read plans, elevations and details.
- • Reviews proofs, drawings, mock-ups and samples submitted by project contractors.
- • Reviews pricing, materials and value engineering for graphics projects.
- • Responsible for design and creation of marketing materials and firm collateral with the guidance and oversight of Principals and Brand Studio Manager.
- • Responsible for creating responses to RFPs with the guidance and oversight of the Principals and Business Development Manager.
- • Pro-actively keeps Studio Managers informed of work status and seeks clarification where appropriate.
- • Identifies issues, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance and/or delegates in a timely and constructive manner when required.